The Listening Mothers™ program offers a unique opportunity for parents of babies, birth through six months of age, to discover the joys of parenting.
Our eight week program offers:
- Easy to master mindful based skills that help reduce stress and increase sense of well being
- Non-judgmental environment in which each parent can discover and share their own inner wisdom
- Experienced facilitators who are trained in healthy, emotional development who will explore with parents the possible meanings of their baby’s behavior as well as the impact of the baby’s behavior on the parents
- A chance to learn the importance of self-regulation: skillful ways of staying calm in the face of a storm
- A way of being with your baby that is effective, nurturing, trust building and joyful
- Skills to become more attuned to yourself and your baby
- A community of like-minded supportive parents who, aspire to be the best parents they can be, and are willing to embark on the parenting journey with an open mind, curiosity and willingness to explore.
- Better baby/parent self-awareness
- Healthier parent/baby attachment
- Parental confidence and empowerment
- Promotion of thoughtful, respectful and well-adjusted children and adults.
Week 1: Discuss the transition to parenthood, coping mechanisms and support structures.
Week 2: Discuss self-regulation and baby regulation, increase mindfulness and self-regulation and explore continued learning.
Week 3: Discuss the concept of ‘falling in love and falling out of love’ (rupture and repair). Additional mindful based skills will be explored to help deal with moments of disruptions and stress.
Week 4: Discuss emotional literacy, secure attachment and 'dependence verses autonomy'. We will continue to build skills of being 'present.'
Week 5: Discuss your own family and the influence on your parenting style. We will also explore the concept of love.
Weeks 6-7: Evaluate the concept of intimacy. We will look at how mindful based stress reduction skills help overcome hurdles in relationships.
Week 8: Discuss separation and transition as your baby grows.
To find an available class, please view our CALENDAR.
8-Week Classes are beginning on the following dates and locations:
- Tue Oct 1 - Essential Birth- Seward Park, Seattle - Runs for 8 weeks and is a drop in
- Tue Oct. 8 - Big Belly Services - Seattle
- Wed Oct 30 - JCC -Mercer Island
- Wed Jan 15 - JCC -Mercer Island
- Thu Jan 16 - Beth Shalom -Seattle - no class 2/20
- Sun Jan 26 -Lytle Center for Pregnancy and Newborns- Swedish- Seattle
If you need assistance finding a group, please use our CONTACT PAGE.
If you know the group you would like to join, please fill out the REGISTRATION FORM.
Listening Mothers™ meets weekly for eight weeks. The fee is $150. In most cases there are scholarships available for those in need. If you have questions regarding this please let us know via the CONTACT PAGE.
Have you recently completed a class? Please take the time to tell us about your experience by taking our SURVEY. Your feedback is important to us.