Listening Mothers™ Program Overview
The Listening Mothers™ program offers a unique opportunity for parents of babies birth through six months of age to discover the joys of parenting. Our science based curriculum will help you turn the present moment into a positive moment!
Eight Week Series Offers:
- Mindful based skills to help reduce stress and encourage balance
- An environment to discover your own inner wisdom
- Skilled professionals & mindfully trained facilitators
- Parent & child self-awareness with a focus on self-regulation, self-compassion and parent and child emotional development
- Emphasis on the importance of parent/child attachment
- Parental confidence and empowerment
- A community of like-minded parents who aspire to be the best parents they can be and are willing to embark on the parenting journey with an open mind, curiosity and willingness to explore.
- To appreciate mother’s own journey as they nurture their innate internal wisdom.
- To realize the impact and importance of being present and practicing Self-Compassion.
- To learn more about being attuned to your babies needs and how that fosters secure attachment.
- To understand and move beyond their fears, to embrace the joys of motherhood and transition to the dynamic of their enhanced family.
- To create an opportunity for deepening the connection with themselves and their babies as well as creating relationships with other mothers in early postpartum.
- To understand the importance of listening, staying connected with their partner and modeling intimacy for their child.
- To learn mindful practice tools to add to their self-care toolbox.
- To find time to deepen their awareness by reading articles and or completing the reflection exercises that resonate with them.
Week 1: Introduction to the four pillars of the Listening Mothers™ curriculum; Mindful Self-Compassion, Self-Regulation and Attachment, Child Emotional Development and Relationships and Gratitude. Begin to understand how the mindful concepts of Self-Compassion, Mindfulness and Common Humanity are intertwined as part of the natural and biological transition to Motherhood through the Listening Mothers™ program. Mothers will explore the transition to the fourth trimester, discuss their initial need to have their babies as their primary focus at the expense of other things and the importance of the creation of a positive holding environment.
Week 2: Explore the importance of baby’s emotional development and their need to self-regulate. Begin to identify a child’s unique character, explore mother’s own self-regulation and the concept of co-regulation and discuss the ‘goodness of fit’ and impacts on parenting styles. Further our understanding of Self-Compassion with a focus on Self-Kindness.
Week 3: Attempt to rediscover our ‘beginner mind’. Discuss the concept of ‘falling in love with baby’ and recognizing baby’s cues. Understand the importance of being ‘attuned as well as being ‘attached’; explore the concept the Self-Compassion with a focus on Mindfulness.
Week 4: Explore the necessary role of a ‘good enough mother’. Begin to identify some of the events that trigger mothers to unconsciously take the ‘low road’ vs a ‘high road’ of situational processing and the importance of repair. We will also discuss Common Humanity and its importance to our practice of Self-Compassion.
Week 5: Begin to explore mother’s own family dynamic and identify the impact of compassionate loving figures. We will explore feelings of security, patterns of communication and begin to understand how mother’s own internal working model influences patterns of behavior in their own family. We will also discuss our natural negatively bias and discuss two way communication and influences on baby.
Weeks 6: Discuss the transition to parenthood for both parents. Understand the significance of anger and begin to identify the underlying fabric of feelings and vulnerabilities which are ultimately unmet needs. Introduce the practice of listening and the importance of being vulnerable.
Weeks 7: Discuss the elements of positive partnerships, keys to maintaining healthy communication, introduce the powerful nature of gratitude.
Week 8: Review the session highlights, discuss circle of security, and close the circle.
To find a list of groups currently being offered, please see HERE.
To find an available class, please view our CALENDAR.
If you know the group you would like to join, please fill out the REGISTRATION FORM.
Listening Mothers™ meets weekly for eight weeks. The fee is $195. In most cases there are partial SCHOLARSHIPS available for those in need. If you have questions regarding this please let us know via the CONTACT PAGE.
Have you recently completed a class? Please take the time to tell us about your experience by taking our SURVEY. Your feedback is important to us.